Friday, May 9, 2008

Kuala Lumpur, 3 days 2 nights for $50. Ya uh.


Hello Folks. This is a long, overdue entry.

I went to KL for 3 days 2 nights on package which costs $50 early this year. Quite a steal isn’t it? I would have updated sooner if not for our dearest mangkok, who just managed to send me the photos a day or two back. Nonetheless, much appreciated bro.

Now for you cheap bastards who are wondering how on earth I managed to get such a bargain, let me elaborate.  First off, I would like to thank the nice folks over at Temasek Polytechnic errr..Alumni group? Bloody hell i’ve forgotten their appointment, but, they remain close, in my heart. My cheap, bastard heart.

The $50 covered accommodation and transport mind you, so for those pansies who thought that such cheap costs equated to crap lodging and an unorthodox method of transporting me into Malaysia (such as swimming across the causeway), you guys thought wrong. Nyeh.

Well actually, I had my initial trepidation in regards to the ridiculous price that was on offer. Benson, my sexy legged colleague, had smsed me just a few days before the trip and enquired my interest. I nearly choked on my chicken, much to the bemusement of TLML. By the way luv, hello.

Fast foward a few days later and strapped with a civil defence field pack on my back, I was off to the land of mat rempit(s), scenario(s), Siti Nurhaliza(s) and the short-sleeved tudung ladies.

I shan’t divulge much on the trip, because I am too damn lazy to be writing for the amusement of you folks. I shall leave you with pictures of course, and perhaps one of these days, I will just write about the accommodation and give you folks an alternative lodging when you’re in our neighboring country.

One of these days lah ah.

Here are pictures to day 1.


Aww look at that, everybody smiling and being friendly with each other. What you didn't see was that we were all gathered around a bonfire and singing patriotic songs at the causeway before we were called for this group picture. Come along, smile with us in this picture.


Mangkok had always wanted to be pirate. Right before this picture was taken, he asked me, "Fee, do you think I'll make a good pirate?", I just had to reply, "You see mangkok, being a pirate isn't easy, and when you...holy fuck dude look at the carpet on this bus"


We reached KL around 5 am. When it's 5 am, there is no smiles. No one smiles, absolutely bloody no one.


Like I said, no one. I do not know who's brilliant idea it was to take a picture as this hour. Must be mangkok's. Bloody mangkok. And no, the teh didnt help. Tasted good though.


Both sexy legged Benson and myself were seduced by the couch while waiting for our rooms to be available. 




End of Day 1.

No comments: